Super Superbowl!

This past Friday as I was fighting traffic on my way home through rush hour traffic I saw an uncommon sight: Jonathan Koduru sitting on the steps of my local hockey area. I whipped the car around (at the first safe location to do so of course) and drove back to see what he was doing. As it turned out Word of Life was having a Superbowl close to where I live, and it just so turned out that I LOVE Superbowls, it just so turned out that I had NOTHING to do that night, and it just so turned out that more HELP was needed! So I went home told my mother I loved her and went back for a wild night.

At this point I will explain what a Superbowl is for those who were thinking "I thought the Superbowl was on Sunday, and I thought it was in like Febuary??" If you are aware of what a Superbowl is feel free to skip to the next paragraph. A Word of Life Superbowl is an all night event that consists of several wild extravaganzas that churches get kids together to go to. First off there is a Hockey or Basketball game, usually semi-pro. Followed immediately by a Gospel presentation. After the invitation is given the RALLY starts. A RALLY consists of a few silly yet fun games that pit the Red Team against the Blue Team. Oh and also about 20 trash bags full of prizes are thrown into a rather boisterous crowd. After the end of the RALLY the churches ravenously devour pizza and  go to 2 different events, usually bowling, sports complex, or rollerskating. Then at about 6 am they journey home....to sleep their Saturday away.

So after the frantic running around that is needed to prepare for a Superbowl and after a bit of Hockey game watching it was time for the Gospel. Due to the fact that I was helping with the RALLY I was moving stuff around during it and I do not know how it went or how many kids were saved. But I do know that God was glorified by it. In the RALLY I was a Red Team Leader and my primary role was to wave a Red Flag and hurl prizes into the crowd. After that I headed to a bowling alley where my new gig was to keep kids awake on a microphone and give away candy. Myself and 3 other cool dudes from Word of Life were all there and with the combined power of our intellect (and a cheat sheet) we held: push-up push offs, the Limbo, Interlude, Carry up your Youth Pastor, Planks, 94 cents, steal the shoes, bowl a turkey, drag up someone sleeping, say the books of the Bible, longest hair, bigger than Luscious Lenny, driver license and Happy Birthday Challenges. Most of those are self explanatory and if they are not you may not want to know...
Me out on the ice (Photo Courtesy of Sara T)

It was truly an excellent time and the bowling staff was a great help. I did not personally get the chance to talk to any unsaved kids about the Gospel message, but Lord willing I helped give them a fun time so that if they did not make a decision to serve Christ this year perhaps they will come next year and bring more of their friends.

Comments

  1. How COOL!!! Kyle, that God allowed you to go! It was so great to see you and take any pics you want:)
    praying for you bro

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drakensberg

Mozambique Part Two