Fun Along the Way to South Africa

Alas my time in the USA had to end, I was reluctant to leave but once I arrived in South Africa i was so happy to be back. (the key word here is ONCE)

Remember in elementary school, middle school, high school and college when the teacher says at least 10,000 times to read the whole question before choosing an answer? This principle apparently also applies to airline itinerary.



When I got my itinerary I saw that I was flying out of JFK into Cairo. I also saw that I landed at noon and flew out at midnight. (However I did not look at the dates...) After being baffled that I would be sitting in the airport for 12 hours I decided that I would do some exploring and maybe see the pyramids.

This is how much reading there is on itineraries 

My wonderful sister got me in contact with her friend who lives in Egypt and the plan was that she would pick me up from the airport and we would tour Egypt for a few hours and be back with plenty of time to catch my plane to SA. 

So the day came, my family dropped me off in Albany and I took an anticlimactic shuttle ride to the airport.

However once checking in at JFK I discovered that I would not be in Egypt for 12 hours but actually for 60 hours. After an uneventful trip over to Egypt I met up with my sister's friend and told her that I would be there for 2 days more than I expected and that I had no place to stay. She quickly offered for me to stay with her family which I did.

I had a great time touring around Cairo and I did not take a ton of pictures but here are some of what I have.


Cairo at night





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drakensberg

Super Superbowl!

Mozambique Part Two