Weekend of Camp




As the title implies this past weekend I was at CAMP! This camp was different from most camps that I have worked with because this time there was not just kids at camp, it was the whole family. Also because the parents were there instead of counseling the kids I was their Bible teacher/co-game runner with Desire. It was also a more relaxed atmosphere than what I was used to but it was a very good time. Right before the adults preacher was about to start all of the kids were dismissed. We then had about 45 minutes to tell them a Bible story and play some games with them. The kids were from ages 2-12 so it was challenging to find games that they all could play and give lessons that they all could understand. We eventually broke them up into tow groups and with the help of CJ and Chae we were able to all have a fun time. 
View from near the top
Warning sign at the trail head



View right before we went down



Since coming to Africa one thing that I have missed dearly is hiking. I love the outdoors and whenever I went hiking it was always with some of my closest friends. Even though when most people think of Africa they think of jungle and the savannah I pretty much live in a suburb of Johannesburg, a city with nearly 4 million people in it. Although there are some hills around the area there are not many suitable for hiking and if there are no one knows where the trail head is. However at this particular camp that I was at they had a nice trail going up a hill that dropped down into a gorge where we hiked out from. It made me realize how much I missed hiking and I have now resolved to find the ways up the hike-able hills and get moving! 






Fire thorn tree




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drakensberg

Super Superbowl!

Mozambique Part Two