Holiday Bible Club (HBC) Sandton

Shortly after returning to Johannesburg from Durban we started a HBC at Sandton Bible Church, which is the church that I regularly attend here in South Africa. I was responsible for leading some 5th grade boys and was an actor in the drama.

The kids are waiting to go inside to start the day 
A small portion of the 150+ kids that attended each day
Each day we got up at 5:30am so that we could be to church by 6:30 where we then had our morning devos and a quick drama rehearsal before the kids arrived and we went into a frenzy of crafts, snack, games, lessons and drama that lasted until about 12 when the kids filtered home. After they left we had lunch, a closing meeting, and drama practice for the next day. After all that it was nearly 3:30 by the time we returned home.


Although the days were long and at times the kids were tough, it was a blast working with the people from my local church that I would otherwise only see on a Sunday morning.

My co-leader and I with our guys

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drakensberg

Super Superbowl!

Mozambique Part Two