For the sake of an update

As the title suggests I am updating for the sake of an update. It has been a while and in the words of my mother I must remind people that I am still alive.

Although things seem busy around here there does not seem like there is as much to report. Since the end of the excitement of Olympian Games Day we have been working nearly non-stop on things for summer camp. I am kind sorta in charge of the games and other program aspects. The theme for Kids Camp is a wild west theme with the title "Spur One Another to Love" I am especially excited about this because I worked at the Word of Life Ranch and Ranger Camp for 2 summers and I love it there and am excited to try to bring the wild west to South Africa.
As for teen camp the theme is game show with the title "I Survived a Word of Life Game Show" this was an idea from my director John and it will certainly be a new experience for me that I am excited to try out.

Honestly language learning has been slow, I try to add to my Zulu vocabulary at least weekly and the guys that I live with are great at getting me to practice but it is difficult as nearly everyone that I come in contact with know English. I have been learning Afrikaans a bit more however as this language is much more similar to English and many of the words are the same.

As I have said before this is my last school term and I am taking my third math class in a row, I used to think I was pretty good at math until it became more of a reading class with all the letters they add in. But I am also taking a Bible class that is basically how to study the Bible. Although I have taken a class that was quite similar at Word of Life it is always good to be reminded about what I need to be doing when reading God's Word as it is easy to just skim the words and not comprehend the truth and meaning behind them.

Support has been coming in quite good with an average of about $900 a month, as this is not quite full support there is still room to give but the leadership has moved me off of my diet of wild locust, dirty water and sand(<---joke) due to the support boost. Thanks to all those who have been faithful in the giving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drakensberg

Super Superbowl!

Mozambique Part Two