Mozambique Trip

Because it was such a long time ago the details on the trip to Mozambique are a bit foggy. So especially for your reading pleasure i will RACK my brain to remember so that everyone can know about this trip.

Mozambique was probably my favorite camp that I have had thus far into South Africa(sorry to all the other camps) and it also ranks high on my hypothetical list of favorite weeks of camp of all time.

To start off our location was LITERALLY on the ocean. Sometimes you are on vacation and they say that the hotel is on the ocean and after driving for 30 min in heavy traffic you can finally see it. That my friend is not on the ocean. Those hotel people need to be convicted of their lying problem. When I slept at night I fell asleep HEARING the ocean, if I took a look out of my cabin window I could SEE the ocean, in under 100 steps I would be IN the ocean. That my friend is ON the ocean.
On the Ocean

Me teaching
We arrived a day early and were able to have a relaxing time before the fun of camp started. We had about 35 campers all of whom were from a Christian school in Maputo (the capital city of Mozambique) I had 4 guys and a co-counselor in my cabin. Although I was a counselor I was also helping with the games and program that would be going on  the week as well as teaching a seminar on personal evangelism.
Cabin #4 aka The cabin I was in

When we had a planning meeting for the games we decided to hit these kids with every great game that we knew, we ended up canceling some of the games so we could play in the ocean during free time. Nevertheless we played games such as Scalp, Capture the Flag, The Amazing Race, Human Fooseball, and many more. (like I said im getting soooo old and my memory is fading)

One of the ever intense games
Because this was a Christian school camp many of the kids had already put their trust in Christ as their savior. However there were a few kids who had not, including 2 Muslims one of which was in my cabin. I made sure to talk to all of my guys to see if they had trusted Christ as their savior and was sure to give the gospel ever night in devotions. When I spoke to this boy one-on-one he listened for a while and then said he needed to help gather wood for the campfire that night and he ran off before I could reply. However Word of Life Mozambique has a very active ministry in this school and they said they will be sure to speak to him more in the future.

At the end of the week we were sad to see everyone leave but we were happy to see the new vigor that they all had to serve the Lord!

note:thank you Justin Cousins and Natashe for taking nice photos and allowing me to steal them.

Comments

  1. Hey bro!
    I love the update! please keep them coming. God is using you to further His Gospel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drakensberg

Super Superbowl!

Mozambique Part Two